Step 1: Unpacking
- Start by unpacking the printer package. The components include the following:
- Ink Cartridges - Black, Yellow, Cyan, and Magenta
- Setup Guides
- Installation Disc
- Power Cord and
- Maintenance Sheet
- Remove all the packing materials, tapes, and plastic or protective films present on and inside the Brother MFC J5845DW setup printer.
Step 2: Loading paper
- Fan a stack of paper and align it on a flat surface before loading it into the input tray.
- Remove the paper tray assembly from the printer.
- Take out the top cover on the tray and load paper into the tray.
- Load paper only below the maximum paper mark and adjust the paper guides correctly such that they do not fold the loaded paper.
- Fix the top cover of the tray and fix the paper tray assembly back to the printer.
- Pull out the paper support tray.
Step 3: Connecting the power cord and basic settings
- Connect the power cord at the rear side of the printer device and another end to an AC outlet.
- Lift the control panel of the printer to a convenient angle.
- Turn On the Brother MFC J5845DW setup printer by pressing the power button.
- Select your region and language by using the printer’s LCD touchscreen.
- To set your language, go to settings All settings Initial setup Local language.
- Select your language from the list.
Step 4: Installing the ink cartridges
- Unpack all the cartridges by removing the plastic covers.
- Shake the black ink cartridge horizontally for about 15 minutes.
- Open the ink cartridge door to install the cartridges.
- Insert the black ink cartridge and push the cartridge correctly.
- Fix all the other cartridges in the order, Yellow, Cyan, and Magenta.
- Close the ink cartridge door after checking whether you have inserted all the cartridges into the respective correct slots.
Step 5: Settings on the printer
- A cleaning process starts after you have finished installing the cartridges.
- Once the process is completed, press the OK button to print to the quality check sheet.
- Check the sheet by following the instructions on the printer’s LCD screen.
- You will be asked to set the paper size and type loaded in the paper tray.
- Set the date and time on the printer.
- Print the installation sheet to check the Brother MFC J5845DW setup printer’s information and settings.
Step 6: Other setups
- If you are going to use the printer as Fax, connect the telephone line cord.
- Connect the printer to your device.
- Insert the installation CD to install the software and connect your device to the printer.
- Follow the other instructions on the printer’s LCD screen and device to set up and install the printer on your device.
- You can perform Brother MFC J5845DW setup printer either using wired or wireless connection.
- To print from your mobile device, download the Brother iPrint&Scan application on your smartphone. The software is available for iOS and Android devices in the App Store and Google Play Store.
Brother MFC J5845DW Driver
The drivers available for the Brother MFC J5845DW are as follows.
- The full Brother MFC J5845DW driver & Software Package is the most recommended software to get all the functions of the printer.
- Printer Driver & Scanner driver for local connection can be downloaded and used for printing and scanning functions only.
- The Add Printer Wizard Driver package includes only the printer drivers and is recommended for the users who are used with the Add Printer wizard in Windows OS.
- XML Paper Specification Printer driver allows using the compatible XML paper specification documents.
- Universal Printer Driver helps you to use the same software for multiple Brother printer devices.
Brother MFC J5845DW Driver Windows 10
Click the Brother MFC J5845DW Driver Download button on this page to get Windows 10 compatible software on your computer.You will be directed to the Downloads section page of the official Brother site.
Brother MFC J5845DW Driver Download
- Go to the official support site of the Brother printer from your web browser.
- Choose your region and enter the model number of your printer to find the suitable driver.
- Navigate to the Support & Downloads section.
- Select the Downloads tab and choose the OS family of your computer.
- Click Download near to the software required according to your printer usage.
- Accept the license agreement to allow download access to the Brother MFC J5845DW driver.
- Open the downloaded installation file and follow the prompts to install the software.
Brother MFC J5845DW Manual
- The Setup Guides for product safety and quick setup comes in the package of the printer.
- Reference Guide gives you step-by-step instructions about the various settings of the printer.
- The online user’s guide also has the printer’s overview, Brother MFC J5845DW troubleshooting, and maintenance procedures.
- Product Safety Guide contains the safety instructions before installing the printer.
- Quick Brother MFC J5845DW Setup Guide allows you to set up the printer hardware and software connections.
- Additional Feature Guide has information about the printer’s other feature access.
Brother MFC J5845DW WI-FI Setup
- Download the software from the official support site of the printer.
- Run the installer file and click on the Start Here Mac icon. Click Open and agree with the usage information.
- Select Wireless Network Connection under connection type.
- In the Detecting Existing Wireless Network Settings, select Yes I want to connect the machine to this wireless network option after checking the SSID of your wireless network. Click Next for Brother MFC J5845DW Wi-Fi Setup.
- If the printer doesn’t get connected, connect by following the Brother MFC J5845DW setup instructions on the touchscreen.
- Insert the installation disc into CD drive and open the installer file to start the Brother machine installation wizard on your Windows computer.
- Select your language and read the terms and conditions to agree with the license agreement. Then click Next.
- In the Connection type, select the Wireless Network Connection (Wi-Fi) option.
- Under the Select Machine tab, select your printer from the list.
- If not detected, follow the instructions in the window.
- Check to verify the wireless settings on the printer and click Next.
- The Brother MFC J5845DW Wireless Setup Wizard appears on the screen.
- Press the Wi-Fi icon on the control panel touchscreen of the printer. Navigate to the WLAN Assistant section and enable WLAN by tapping Yes. Press OK.
- If the connection is not automatically established, select No, I do not have a USB cable in the Wireless Network Setup window.
- Enter the SSID and network key to configure and connect to the wireless network manually. The router information will be available on the router’s label present at the bottom.
- Press the Wi-Fi button on the printer’s LCD screen again for Brother MFC J5845DW Wi-Fi Setup.
- Select Setup Wizard --> Enable WLAN --> Yes.
- You will be switched to the wireless network when you complete the Brother MFC J5845DW setup.
- Select the SSID or router name from the list. Enter the password for the selected network. Tap OK.
- Follow the other process as per the instruction in the Brother MFC J5845DW Wi-Fi setup window.
Brother MFC J5845DW Printer Functions
Brother MFC J5845DW USB Setup
- Make sure to install the software for your device before connecting the printer to your computer/laptop.
- Open the printer’s scanner cover and locate the USB port and fix the cable to the printer and the other end to the printer.
- Open the installation file of the printer software to install the driver on your device for Brother MFC J5845DW usb setup.
- Follow the prompts to install the Brother MFC J5845DW driver software.
- When prompted to select a connection type, select Local connection (USB). Then click Next.
- Follow the prompts in the driver installation wizard to complete the Brother MFC J5845DW setup.
Brother MFC J5845DW Scan
- Open the scanner cover of the printer and place the original document or photo on the scanner glass.
- Place the document in such a way that the corner of it is placed near the arrow signs marked at the corner.
- Turn on your printer and computer device.
- Press the Brother MFC J5845DW Scan icon on the printer’s LCD screen.
- Locate the Computer icon and select it to scan the document to your computer.
- If you have connected the computer over a wireless network, swipe to locate your device.
- If prompted for your computer’s login PIN on the printer’s LCD screen, enter it using the touchscreen options.
- Press the Start icon on the printer to begin the Brother MFC J5845DW scanning process.
- Follow the LCD screen instructions to complete the scan and save the file on your computer.
Brother MFC J5845DW Print
- Open the document/photo needed to be printed and select the print command.
- Go to the File menu and select the Brother Mfc J5845 Print option from the list or click the print icon after opening the document.
- Then, choose your printing preferences and settings after selecting your Brother MFC J5845DW setup printer.
- You can check the correct document/photo by previewing it.
- Choose the paper size and set the color mode.
- Select the orientation type, either as portrait or landscape on the printer properties. Then, click Print.
- Install the Brother iPrint&Scan application to print directly from your smartphone.
Brother MFC J5845DW Copy
- The Brother MFC J5845DW copy option enables you to print directly from the printer, like performing a xerox copy.
- Place the document/photo on the scanner glass and press the Copy option.
- Select the number of copies and change the properties if required for Brother MFC J5845DW Copy.
- You can save the copied file by pressing the Save as Shortcut option.
- Tap Mono Start or Color Start to begin the copying function.
Brother MFC J5845DW Fax
- Place the document on the Automatic Document Feeder or place the paper on the scanner glass.
- Press the Brother MFC J5845DW Fax icon on the printer’s LCD screen.
- Type the Brother MFC J5845DW FAX number using the keypad on the Brother MFC J5845DW setup printer.
- Choose your Brother Mfc J5845 fax settings and press Fax Start.
- After the printer successfully scans the document, the file is automatically sent to the entered fax recipient.
Brother MFC J5845DW Troubleshooting
As usual, the Brother MFC J5845DW also faces some common issues and shows errors like paper jams, replace ink, printing and scanning problems, etc. Check the FAQs & Troubleshooting section on the official page of the Brother MFC J5845DW setup printer and search for your issue. Get in touch with our technical support officials anytime by clicking the Call button or drop an email.